X marks the pattern!



On the second part of the scavenger hunt, I made a pattern that was inspired by some designs I found around the house and ones while browsing the internet. I really like that peter pan/nature aesthetic so I wanted it to look and or feel like so.

My main inspiration on what I wanted my pattern/design to look, other than from the pictures I took in the scavenger hunt post, was a compass and mandala art:



My Inspo from the previous scavenger hunt:



I first started the center design, which was a star and leaves. For the star I used the polygon tool, clicked the star option and changed the sides to 4. As for the leaves, I started of drawing the line work with the poly tool and then rotating the finished leaf.


After, I added more triangles and with the poly tool and circles with the ellipse tool to shape the compass/arrow part of the design.



Since, I wanted to make my design look more like a flower I rotated different sized circles and rotated them. Then I trimmed the unwanted parts to make half circles.


Now this was the part that was a little more difficult. First I decided on nature like colour palette but make it disney-esque. But putting those colours in was a tedious task. 

I had some trouble of colours not showing up, but I soon found out it was because some of my lines weren't connected. So I had to go back and redo some outlines so they became a closed curve for the hatching to work.

Once I was done with hatching, I deleted the outline and behold, the finish product:












 

Comments

  1. love how you worked with colour to give the illusion of transparency

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Castle in the sky

Lord of the rings: Last minute changes and Outsourcing

Lord of the Rings: Prototype