Bop it! Twist it! Reverse it!


In this milestone project, it's all about dissecting "mechanical" objects. We measuring the items inside and out and down to the bone. It was was kind of hard finding objects I was able to take apart without breaking with my clumsiness, but alas I found items that were easily dissectible. 

The first item I found was a laser pointer that I had for my cat. I was able to easily take it apart and put back together, plus it wouldn't cost me a lot of money if I ever ended up breaking it. It was something simple on the outside but with complex enough components that make up the inner mechanics of the laser pointer.

Next is a mirror that I got it from IKEA, which was pretty much meant to be assembled. Almost each part of the mirror could be taken apart and easily assembled which is why I chose this for my second item.



My third item is a lamp that was also bought at IKEA. This one is the simplest out of the three but still has some complexity when it comes to the light bulb and the part where you screw in the light bulb. Like the mirror, it easily assembled but also the base of the light bulb has small parts that may be difficult but not impossible to measure.



Out of all the three items I found, the laser pointer may be the one I'm more interested in reversing. It's simple and compacted but still has the most complexity due to the mechanic of the laser.





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Castle in the sky

Lord of the rings: Last minute changes and Outsourcing

Lord of the Rings: Prototype