On this project, it’s all about coming up with different concepts for rings/and or accessories. I may or may have not gone overboard on the flower/nature concept-
This was the type of project I didn't know how to start. When thinking of castles, usually the first type of castles that pops into mind are the princess-Disney-medieval European castles. But thinking further, I remembered Asia has pretty neat castles of their own — so I went to research some castles from East Asia and that's when I got inspired. Since I really like making things more on the fantasy side of the spectrum, I wanted mine to be a castle floating in the sky. The Blue Castle in Japan was one of the main inspirations to the look of my castle. I started off with the smaller buildings surrounding the castle, which was not too hard since they were just basic extruded rectangle and squares. The hardest parts of the building may have been building the roofs. It took me awhile, but since roof isn't exactly a regular triangle, I figured out I had to loft a rectangle to a slimmer rectangle to make the shape of it. Next was making the castle itself. It has a similar...
On the second part of the scavenger hunt, I made a pattern that was inspired by some designs I found around the house and ones while browsing the internet. I really like that peter pan/nature aesthetic so I wanted it to look and or feel like so. My main inspiration on what I wanted my pattern/design to look, other than from the pictures I took in the scavenger hunt post, was a compass and mandala art: My Inspo from the previous scavenger hunt: I first started the center design, which was a star and leaves. For the star I used the polygon tool, clicked the star option and changed the sides to 4. As for the leaves, I started of drawing the line work with the poly tool and then rotating the finished leaf. After, I added more triangles and with the poly tool and circles with the ellipse tool to shape the compass/arrow part of the design. Since, I wanted to make my design look more like a flower I rotated different sized circles and rotated them. Then I trimmed the unwanted parts to make ha...
For the Reverse Project, I decided to create the laser pointer. To start off, I started making the outside components of the laser pointer. First was the top part where the laser comes through. For this I started drawing the shapes I needed for the nub, which were mainly ellipses and rectangles and then used fillet on the sharp end to create the semi round area. I then trimmed them all down so I can revolve it into a 3D shape. Next was that protruding are of the nub that acts like a grip when you're twisting off the top. I drew the one groove and then used array polar. I then went to make the main body of the object, which was one of the easier parts. I just used extrudecrv to the height of the body and that was it. After was the batteries. Like the nub, I first drew the shapes with the rectangle tool and then used fillet to round it off. I then used the revolve tool.
Comments
Post a Comment